Virtual Town Hall calling on Gov. Newsom to drop CA's oil & gas production!
Don't miss a lively Virtual Town Hall this Monday at 7pm Pacific to hear how Last Chance Alliance is creating the political will to phase out oil and gas production in California. You don't need to go anywhere: just tune in on your own device (laptop, phone, etc). Scroll down to RSVP to get the link!
Mothers Out Front California is a proud member of Last Chance Alliance, the new iteration of Brown's Last Chance with whom we mobilized for climate justice last year.
With Governor Newsom now halfway through his first year in office, it’s time for him to step forward as a true climate leader. Hear directly from a stellar lineup of climate advocates and frontline leaders including:
- Mark Ruffalo, actor and climate activist
- Sandra Steingraber, renowned author and biologist
- Nalleli Cobo, youth climate activist who was sickened by the toxic drill site nextdoor
- Cesar Aguirre, community organizer with the Central California Environmental Justice Network
- Adelita Serena, community organizer with Mothers Out Front
- Matt Nelson, executive director of Presente.org
- Ben Goloff, climate campaigner with the Center for Biological Diversity
- David Braun, climate justice advocate and director of Rootskeeper
Here’s why: Governor Gavin Newsom faces a historic opportunity to move California beyond fossil fuels and lead the nation by example. On the call, you’ll hear from Last Chance Alliance frontline and climate justice heroes about the steps Newsom can take to:
- STOP new fossil fuel projects
- DROP existing oil & gas production, and
- ROLL out setback limits, to immediately protect those who are suffering most from the impacts of fossil fuel extraction.
Join the Virtual Town Hall to learn what we can DO about it! RSVP to get the link!
June 24, 2019 at 7:00pm - 8pm
The comfort of your own home
on your phone laptop or other internet-connected device
Google map and directions