A picture speaks a thousand words. Help us send 100 pictures from children so we can grab Governor Brown's attention! He needs to know that kids, mothers and others want him to get California off fossil fuels and move us to 100% clean energy!
Karina's vision of a healthy climate:
Despite his eloquent words about climate change, Governor Brown has granted over 20,000 new permits for dirty oil and gas projects and he continues to allow toxic oil & gas drilling right next door to homes and schools, threatening the health of millions of Californians. We say enough is enough: STOP granting new drilling permits and REQUIRE a protective buffer between drilling and sensitive sites like homes and schools!
Here’s how you can help us get this message through to Governor Brown:
(1) Ask the children in your life to create original drawings for Governor Brown that illustrates the kind of climate they want to live in. What does a healthy climate look like to them? Fresh air? Clean water? Healthy trees? Have them sign their drawing with their first name and age (and town if in California).
(2) Write a brief note on the back explaining your relationship to the child artist and asking Governor Brown to make their vision a reality by stopping new permits for oil and gas drilling in California and requiring a minimum setback between drilling operations and homes and schools. Here's the note Karina's mom wrote:
Dear Governor Brown,
Please make my daughter’s vision for a healthy climate a reality. STOP all new oil and gas permits in California and REQUIRE a setback of 2500' between drilling operations and homes and schools. As a mother, I urge you to leave no stone unturned in fulfilling your sacred duty to protect the people, children and climate of California. Thank you.
(3) Very important: Take photos of the drawing and note (and of the artist holding it if you like) and email the photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so, you give permission for the photos to be used by Mothers Out Front without compensation, including posting on social media. And your child's name will be entered into a raffle for some pretty cool prizes!
(4) After taking and sending us the photos, mail the drawing and note to Governor Brown. His mailing address is:
Governor Edmund G. Brown, State Capitol Suite 1173, Sacramento, CA 95814
(5) Finally, please send this link to parents and teachers you know, with a personal note inviting them to participate. The more drawings that are sent, the bigger the impact! We need YOUR help to reach our goal of 100 pictures in one week.
All submissions received by midnight on Aug. 26th will be entered into a raffle for some pretty cool prizes! So get those kids drawing now!
Thanks for helping our message get through!